The popular Desktop Gnome, has released it's newest release, Gnome 2.20. If you don't know what is Gnome , Just Imagine the GUI of "Ubuntu". 6 months cycle of the release, has now offered the users a more neat and stable Desktop environment.
This time , the Gnome developers has focused more on the stability and the reliability of the DE, than the GUI (some eye-candy also). Below are some major improvements of the new release.
- User Profile Editor - More advanced user profile editor.
- GDM - Gnome Display manager improvements.
- GTK + - The new GTK UItoolkit.
- Pango -The Pango text rendering system.
- Glade -Improvements to the Glade user interface designer.
- Accerciser -The new accerciser Accessibility Explorer.
- Documentation- The new Gnome Documentation system.
- Evolution - Improvements to the Popular email & group ware client.
- Epiphany - Significantly improved web browser.
- eog - ego Image viewer is now faster and more stable.
- Evince viewer - Document viewer now supports interactive PDF forms.
- TomBoy - New note synchronization.
- gedit - The all-new syntax-highlighting system for the gedit Text editor.
- Nautilus - File manager now shows more information in the "Properties" window for drives.
- Keyring - Encrypting and Password system now can encrypt multiple files + ..
- yelp - Improvements to the Gnome Help system.
- Power Manager - New Improved profile system.
- Right-to-Left - Dramatical improvement to the Right-to-Left languages.
Friday, February 01, 2008